Skip to content

Still Here

April 18, 2015

Spring is upon us,  and I’m behind (as usual.)

But contrary to all appearances, I’m actually still here, still trying new things and still full of intentions to make a better effort in posting updates this season.

The order of business today (a break in the rain for most of the day was a welcome ls development not to be wasted) included finishing and situating a Kenyan style top bar beehive and a little tomato cage sorting and repairing.

I pick my bees next week.

Yikes.

Window and “shutter” complete

Moved and leveled in a sunny spot

Cages

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. Margaret permalink
    April 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Hello! I’ve missed you through the cold winter. I’m looking forward to the magic you create this summer. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• April 18, 2015 7:34 pm

2. April 19, 2015 1:09 am

Glad you’re back. I’ve never seen a hive like that before.

We had a tragic incident involving millions of bees near Seattle this week, http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Millions-of-bees-swarm-I-5-in-Lynnwood-as-bee-truck-crashes-300280101.html. Firefighters sprayed foam on some of the crashed hives for safety reasons, killing untold numbers of them.

• April 20, 2015 8:29 am

That’s pretty bad…. Plus, an apple orchard or 10 won’t be sufficiently pollinated now.

3. Maria permalink
    April 20, 2015 10:41 am

Glad to see your post. I was beginning to worry. Hope you have a good season and I’m looking forward to seeing updates on the bees.

• April 20, 2015 11:53 am

Actually life is good, just busy, so the “short” break lasted much longer than intended. ๐Ÿ˜‰